[Qgis-developer] popups informing that transformation failed should happen once, not for each point

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 08:32:16 EST 2012

Hi all,

sometimes with on-the fly reprojection enabled, I get a very large
number of popups with the message "forward transformation of ...
failed with error : latitude or longitude exceeded limits".

I have to press ESC for about a minute or so, until all popups have
been shown, and then pan the map or disable on-the-fly reprojection.

There are 2 issues here:

1) there should only be one pop-up happening, not once for each point
that fails to transform (perhaps keep a counter and show that in a
single pop-up)
2) why does the transformation fail, which is a little trickier. This
happens when mixing lon/lat data with UTM-projected layers and
reprojecting to WGS84.

I am using a slightly old master (0a17ad5), don't know if more recent
versions behave differently.

regards,
Etienne