[Qgis-developer] how to get debugging messages?

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 07:36:44 EST 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to activate debug output (sent by QgsDebugMsg), and
setting the environment variable "QGIS_DEBUG" has no effect:

QGIS_DEBUG=1 qgis
Warning: loading of qgis translation failed
[/home/softdev/share/qgis/i18n//qgis_en_US]
Warning: loading of qt translation failed [/usr/share/qt4/translations/qt_en_US]
[no debug output at all]

I also tried activating QGISDEBUG with cmake, but no success:

cmake -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$SOFT_PREFIX  -D
PYTHON_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/libpython2.7.so -D QGISDEBUG=1 ..
[...]
CMake Warning:
  Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:

    QGISDEBUG

What is the proper way of compiling and running QGis with debug
messages enabled?

thanks
Etienne