[Qgis-developer] Qgis Server not part of standard release?

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Fri Feb 17 17:51:15 EST 2012

Hi Mike and Dan,

> On Feb 17, 2012, at 11:00 AM, Mike Carsella wrote:
>
> Thanks for the info.  I'll try the Windows version.

I have QGIS with Server (qgis_mapserv.fcgi) running on Snow Leopard
and Lion. I also have a fix for the Lion Apache server's lack of
fastcgi, though it is beta. My QGIS source builds strictly use Mr.
Kyngesburye's installed frameworks, with no MacPorts support. You will
need to ensure /opt/local is not in your PATH (or at least at its
end). My additions to the front end of PATH are:

#Kyng Frameworks
export PATH=/Library/Frameworks/FFTW3.framework/Programs:/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Programs:/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/Programs:/Library/Frameworks/SQLite3.framework/Programs:/Library/Frameworks/UnixImageIO.framework/Programs:/Library/Frameworks/cairo.framework/Programs:$PATH

I also have PostgreSQL and GRASS from his installers on the Macs I
build on, which will be bundled if using the #1 bundling option. You
can follow my build setup using the references listed below ([2] is a
bit scrappy and hard to follow, and you can ignore the QScintilla
stuff, if not interested in using Eric4). Let me know if you have any
success. I have had problems compiling the 1_7_3 branch, but have been
successful with the 1_7 (RC) and master branches.

After building, I use MacPort-installed Nginx as a reverse proxy to
MapProxy running via uWSGI to QGIS Server running via
MacPort-installed spawn-fcgi. I find that setup more modular and less
demanding on resources than putting everything under Apache's parent
process.

Regards,

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography
Black Hills, South Dakota

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2012-January/017879.html
[2] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4058089/qgis/QGIS-build_SnowLeopard.txt
[3] Shell script for setting up master nightly builds:
https://gist.github.com/1684071