[Qgis-developer] Call for packaging: QGIS 1.7.4

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 16:39:24 EST 2012

Hi Developers and packet assemblers!

Thanks to the hard work of all developers and thanks to Alexander Bruy
for backporting a lot of bugfixes I am able to branch the fourth
maintenance release on the 1.7.x branch "release-1_7_4" as of today
(19th Feb. 2012).

The source tarball is here:
http://qgis.org/downloads/qgis-1.7.4.tar.bz2
and the md5 checksum is here:
http://qgis.org/downloads/qgis-1.7.4.tar.bz2.md5

You can check out this branch (depending on your git configuration)
using:

git fetch origin
git branch --track release-1_7_4 origin/release-1_7_4

If packagers would be so kind as to update http://download.qgis.org
with links to their latest wares, it will be appreciated. I'll give a
few days (and until we have Windows binaries at minimum) before making
the announcement to the world. (So I assume a week should be good to go
to announce the release next Sunday 26th Feb. 2012)

Please note that I have reinstated maintenance of the CHANGELOG file
in the root of the source tree, so consult that (or the
help->about->whats new? tab after building) to see what changes were
made.
There are no new features in the release, only bug fixes and small
tweaks.

This seems to be now the famous "strk"-release - And yes - I am going to
implement the NEWS file and adjust the CHANGELOG file to its "original"
meaning by GNU. But I'll rather implement that in master and probably in
1.8.0 release. So please forgive me for not doing it right now - very
busy days here :)

As this is the second release I do now - there are probably some
glitches that i've not seen.. If there is something wrong with the
repository or the source package - please report as soon as possible so
that I can correct the mistakes before any packagers have completed
their packages.

Special thanks as always to Alexander Bruy for supporting me in any way
and doing most of the backports.
There are surely still some bugs but we have done our best to backport
every available and possible fix.

Best regards and happy packaging.
Werner