[Qgis-developer] Call for packaging: QGIS 1.7.4

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Mon Feb 20 01:15:40 EST 2012

Hi Werner,

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Werner Macho <werner.macho at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Developers and packet assemblers!
> As this is the second release I do now - there are probably some
> glitches that i've not seen.. If there is something wrong with the
> repository or the source package - please report as soon as possible so
> that I can correct the mistakes before any packagers have completed
> their packages.

When building 1_7_4 from archive, on Mac, with a locally installed
libfcgi.dylib, the build errors at the very end due to a typo in
'mac/cmake/2lib.cmake.in' [1]:

CMake Warning at mac/2lib.cmake:114 (IF):
  given arguments:

    "/usr/local/lib/libfcgi.dylib MATCHES" ".*libfcgi.dylib" "AND"
"NOT" "/usr/local/lib/libfcgi.dylib" "MATCHES" "/usr/lib/.*"

  Unknown arguments specified
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  mac/cmake_install.cmake:43 (INCLUDE)
  cmake_install.cmake:46 (INCLUDE)

Mr. Kyngesburye appears to have fixed this in the master branch
'2lib.cmake.in' file, but it still remains in the 1_7_4 branch.

[1] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4058089/qgis/master-to-1_7_4-2lib.cmake.in.diff

Also, I can only build from the ZIP archive, not the git fetch (errors
after '[ 43%] Built target qgis_gui'). Will investigate further to see
if it is my setup only.

Regards,

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography