[Qgis-developer] GSoC ideas

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Feb 21 11:30:23 EST 2012

Il 21/02/2012 16:03, Alexander Bruy ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> Google Summer of Code 2012 is announced few weeks ago and as far as
> I know OSGeo will participate. Hope QGIS will participate too. I started
> wiki page for collecting ideas [0]
>
> Maybe we should announce also to the user list asking for ideas too
>
> [0] http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Google_Summer_of_Code_2012
Thanks Alex. One first thing we have to decide is whether to participate
within the OSGeo framework. This seems a natural choice, but there are
possible shortcomings:
- it is possible that we'll have more chances (an higher number of
accepted projects) running alone, due to Google priorities
- less motivation by mentors (they do not receive any financial
incentive, that goes to OSGeo instead).
Opinions?

--
Paolo Cavallini