[Qgis-developer] GSoC ideas

aruntheguy at gmail.com aruntheguy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 06:40:04 EST 2012

Hello,

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Alexander Bruy <alexander.bruy at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Google Summer of Code 2012 is announced few weeks ago and as far as
> I know OSGeo will participate. Hope QGIS will participate too. I started
> wiki page for collecting ideas [0]
>
> Maybe we should announce also to the user list asking for ideas too
>
> [0] http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Google_Summer_of_Code_2012

Its great that GSOC discussion is happening. I wanted to write to the list,
but was away for a work.

I am currently doing my Masters in Remote Sensing, and GIS is a integral
part of my curriculum. So I have been working with Qgis for quite sometime
and even have got a few things done like the heatmaps plugin. I am going to
apply for QGIS this GSOC.

It would be great if people could add the ideas to the page, anyways I am
looking at the previous years' projects also, but it seems that some things
have been worked out. Looking for a great mentor-ship and a fruitful summer.

Arunmozhi
Twitter: @tecoholic
Website: http://arunmozhi.in
IRC Nick: teco