[Qgis-developer] Customizing the "save feature" behavior

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 18:33:20 EST 2012

Hello devs!

Is it possible using python to customize the "save feature" behavior of
QGIS?

This is my use case:

I want to use the built in digitizer functions to create some segments.
After the user finishes a certain segment, I need to validate that record
and perform some extra actions on it.

This is somewhat similar to what ArcGIS have, and they call it Tasks in
ArcObjects. A custom task will perform that custom behavior with that
finished sketch.

How much work will I have to implement something like that? Can it be done
with Python?

Cheers!

--
George R. C. Silva