[Qgis-developer] Re: GSoC ideas

haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Fri Feb 24 04:21:12 EST 2012

Hi,
+1 for Alister ideas too!
I just finished a topological reference dataset for hydrology, and both
functionnalities would be have been wonderful . I had to switch a lot
between GRASS, FME  and  postgis to build some geometries by hand (copy
obecjt in qgis, paste wkt in pgadmin, finish work using postgis functions,
updating in postgis.. ).

Visualising topology errors could be generic, as we have two models for
topology: grass and postgis 2.0.. Or shouldn't we just focus on postgis as
the reference topology model for qgis , and let GRASS visualisation as it is
in GRASS UI. Is topology in Postgis a OGC standard?
IMHO we should keep sticking to standards..

Regis