[Qgis-developer] GSoC ideas

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 14:14:52 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hmm... If I remember correctly, when Processing Framework project
>> was started we also have discussion which language to use Python or
>> C++. And decision was to use Python...
>

> I think the goal was to use Python to get the design fleshed out and
> running, with the idea to port it to C++ in the future.

That's right. Personally I find it much easier to prototype API in
Python and then move it to C++. Like this it is possible save a lot of
development time when designing and doing lots of modifications in API
- typing, compiling, fixing compilation errors, synchronizing .h and
.cpp files etc.

Martin