[Qgis-developer] OS X 1.7.4... bomb

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Sat Feb 25 14:34:32 EST 2012

Hello William,

Thanks for updating your installers!

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 8:24 AM, William Kyngesburye
<woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
> WARNING #1: serious Qt packaging bug
>
> Nokia screwed up compiling their "official" binaries.  Everything BUT QtWebKit works on OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).  QtWebKit appears to use a OS X 10.7-only system function.  This breaks QGIS help and some plugins on OS X 10.6.

On these two machines...

* Hackintosh laptop, with clean OS X 10.7.3 install (last week), with
Qt open source 4.8.0 and PyQt 4.9.1

* Mac Pro, upgraded from 10.6.8 to 10.7.2, with no Qt or PyQt installed

(both have had your latest GDAL 1.9.0 and QGIS 1.7.4-1 installed, today)

QtWebKit widgets don't show any HTML content in plugins (like you
would expect in 10.6.x). I don't get any errors, though, via QGIS's
python or in Mac's Console.app. I did clean (re)installs of plugins
being tested, as well.

Hopefully, Nokia fixes this issue with an update soon.

BTW, thank you VERY much for including the QGIS Server again. I tested
it on the Mac Pro setup and it worked fine, excepting the issue with
GetMap image/jpeg returning 500 internal server error (image/png
returns requested map). Not sure what's going on there, because I
thought that error recently went away with 1_7_4RC and master. Maybe
it was working with my source builds. Will do more testing on the
issue...

Regards,

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography