[Qgis-developer] OS X 1.7.4... bomb

Charlie Sharpsteen chuck at sharpsteen.net
Sat Feb 25 14:08:42 EST 2012

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 11:03 AM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com>wrote:

> On 02/25/2012 07:24 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
> >
> > WARNING #2: delete existing plugins before running QGIS 1.7.4.  If you
> can do it before installing QGIS, disable them in the old QGIS, then update
> and re-enable them one at a time after upgrading QGIS.  If you have already
> installed 1.7.4, you need to manually delete them from
> ~/.qgis/python/plugins.
> >
> > I've had a report of plugins directly using a specific GDAL version like
> 1.8 (I don't know how this is possible), which will crash QGIS 1.7.4 which
> uses GDAL 1.9.  There also appears to be a problem with PyQwt so the
> profile plugin will crash QGIS.
> >

> GDALTools perhaps, as I recall on Mac often times the path to GDAL has
> to be manually set and on upgrade could easily still refer to the old
> version in it's settings. Does manually editing the setting before
> trying to run a Raster tool solve the issue? (Please pass that on to
> whomever reported the issue)

One culprit I have seen with Python is that the `*.py` files will be
updated, but a set of old bytecode-compiled `*.pyc` files will be hanging
around somewhere on the PYTHONPATH. The interpreter will prefer these files
and get stuck using an older version of the plugin until they are removed.

-Charlie