[Qgis-developer] Loading raster stats: grass/gdal slowdown?

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 10:50:34 EST 2012

I agree with Giuseppe, stats by default should be calculated in at
most 5% of pixels,
although there should be a tool to calculate full stats and save them.
A random 5% sample is actually a better estimate of the real min,max,
because most of the time
you do not hit outliers because they a re rare by definition.

Agus