[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] Offset curve tool

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Wed Feb 29 06:17:16 EST 2012

Hi Nathan

 >A suggestion I would have is to not put the Offset spin box in the
status bar area.  IMO it would be better in a floating dialog like the
measure tool.  This would allow more >options, or info, to be added to
the tool later.

On Mac OS and Windows, the spin box is placed next to the cursor and
moves with it. On X11, I had to disable that because there is a problem
embedding widget items if the flag Qt::WA_PaintOnScreen is set on the
canvas.
But yes, it might be better to have a separate window on X11.

 >Also if editing the value doesn't change the result of the tool I
would think it would be good as read-only. I tried to edit it in order
to order to supply a offset of 3 and nothing >happened.

It is intended that editing changes the result. After pressing the
return key, the offset line should move to the new distance (but the
mouse should not be moved, otherwise it will be overriden by the
following mouse move position). Doesn't this work for you?

Regards,
Marco