[Qgis-developer] Heatmap Plugin in C++ almost done. How to push it in main repo?

aruntheguy at gmail.com aruntheguy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 14:00:44 EST 2012

Hello devs,

I have been rambling on about this Heatmap Plugin thing for quiet sometime
now. I am happy to announce that its almost over.

The plugin currently takes in a point layer and does a frequency valuation
for the pixels based on the no of points near to it.

It takes in two arguments a decay value, and buffer radius in pixels for
the points. I have hardcoded these two now and once put in GUI as user
editable, it should complete the plugin. It presently uses the ASCII grid
file format and wastes a lot of memory, if someone could comeup with a
better format I would be happy.

Now what should I be doing? Create a ticket? make a pull request?

The code is presently in me gihub fork.

Arunmozhi
Twitter: @tecoholic
Website: http://arunmozhi.in