[Qgis-developer] Web Client - New Features

Mayeul Kauffmann mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr
Fri Jan 6 09:31:42 EST 2012

Hi Larry,

> I'm new to the list
Welcome then and thanks for contributing! That looks great, I'll use
this and know others that will!
It would be good to have some popular OpenLayers layers included by
default, with just the need to uncomment or change one or 2 lines of
javascript (for instance, for the 5 base layers of
http://www.openstreetmap.org/
).
It would make a handy way to combine e.g. custom QGIS data rendering
(such as
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBBYtH2svw0 ) with OSM base map, and in
some cases may alleviate the need for tile caching the QGIS-rendered
layers (with a good base map, you can simplify your overlay).
Finally, it offers a solution to a few bugs [1] affecting the QGIS
openlayers plugin, and as such is handy even for desktop use.

Cheers,
Mayeul

[1] I'm trying to report them here:
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/qgis-user-plugins/issues/new
Namely: rezoom automatically at world level in some cases; wait for all
tiles to be available to display them.