[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-community-team] Fwd: [Live-demo] Translation tools - Pootle

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Wed Jan 11 04:39:48 EST 2012

Hi,

here is another experience from the method of the mapserver documentation
translation, also see:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki/DocumentationTranslation

It doesn't seem to be perfect, but still better than our current solution, I
guess ;).

########

Am Wed, 11 Jan 2012 10:23:45 +0100
schrieb Lars Lingner <lars at lingner.eu>:

> Unfortunately the translation is not that user friendly.
>
> You checkout the files, if necessary create a directory <lang>
> for a new language, or you work on an already existing folder.
> The document is divided into several rst files. Each <lang> directory only
> contains the translated files. A Makefile is then used to build the
> documentation, and if nothing is translated, there is a fallback to the
> English files/version. The setup is also adapted to the MapServer web
> server. If you translate offline, the links to the other language don't
> work.
>
> You see, it is not optimal. Additionally, you can not obtain a quick
> overview, where translations are missing, unless you read the
> document ... : /
>
> Anyway, I don't know about any other/better setup that would simplify the
> work of translators.

########

Regards
Otto