[Qgis-developer] Postgis provider, add and modify linestring

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 09:49:36 EST 2012

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for you quick replies.

I'll try to resume.

1. Insertion of linestrings.
In my opinion, right-click to finish with adding new node is not great.
I like consistency, and have left to add, right to finish is much more
consistent. And one more right click is quicker than canceling the last
added point ;) Andreas: in the example you shown, there is no one which
used the same as qgis. But it might sounds like a bad idea to change a
software behavior?

2. Have to commit to see the newly added features.
Yes this is really strange, it used to work, but since a few days (don't
remenber when) I have to commit changes.n (see video)

3. Remove node.
Ok, got it, thanks.

4. Add node.
Cannot have it working. A node is added but in the previous segment. And
I cannot move it. (see same video)

5. Having some experience with cad softwares, I must say I don't think
it's a great idea to have a single action (or icon) for adding,
deleting, moving nodes. It leads to a much more complex action. I.e.,
for adding a node: double clicking - selecting node - moving it without
releasing button - release button instead of clicking - moving - clicking.
I'll see with the drawers, but I am pretty sure they would like single
buttons.

See the video for point 2 and 4, here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4IsQ2R_9Ag&hd=1
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4IsQ2R_9Ag&hd=1>