[Qgis-developer] [PROPOSAL] From srs.db to file-based CRS storage

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Mon Jan 30 16:32:40 EST 2012

Hi Alex

Isn't it a regression to go from sqlite files to text files? Sqlite
allows to search tables with sql and afaik this is used in several places.

>while moving and editing flat text files is much easier for ordinal users

Ordinal users normally don't care about CRS at all. I agree with Andreas
here that it is much more difficult to have knowledge about CRS than
using an sqlite editor (or the commandline prompt).

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Sourcepole -  Linux&  Open Source Solutions