[Qgis-developer] osgeo

Ramon Andiñach custard at westnet.com.au
Fri Jul 6 04:09:02 PDT 2012

On 06/07/2012, at 16:29 , Denis Rouzaud wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Someone wrote me he has problem while installing QGIS 1.8 (some dll problem LIBEAY32.dll)

If you do a search through the last 2 months on the qgis-user mailing list this error has come up quite a few times, with a number of suggested solutions.

> I wanted to suggest him to try the osgeo installer, but I see it is written version 1.7.
>
> Is this true, there is no 1.8 in the osgeo installer?

The osgeo installer should understand qgis = 1.8 and qgis-dev = master. Make sure it's getting a new list of packages off the net, and not looking at existing downloaded ones.

> Also, why is the standalone preferred to the osgeo?

My understanding is that it isn't.
It is "recommended for new users" because the installer behaves in the usual windows manner. The osgeo installer behaves quite differently to that.

-ramon.