[Qgis-developer] Clarifying access to non geographical datas

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Tue Jul 10 11:19:55 PDT 2012

Hi

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
> I agree. I always hide this "Manage Layers" toolbar when I start from a new
> QGIS installation. I use the menu instead. The toolbar wastes just too much
> screen space in my opinion. Maybe we should hide it by default?
>
> I like the idea of having a drop-down button. It could be included in the
> other toolbar called "File". It would fit in this toolbar since it deals
> with saving, loading and file references.

For me it makes no sense to have the dropdown - you need to do two
clicks to use an icon so we may as well just remove the manage layers
toolbar completely and let users use the menu rather (same amount of
mouse clicks plus bigger and easier target to click with the mouse).

Ultimately the unified add data dialog as presented by Nathan is what
we want though.

Regards

Tim

 * QGIS programming and support services