[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] Cast your vote: Default icon theme for QGIS 2.0

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Wed Jul 11 02:06:58 PDT 2012

Hi

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 8:49 AM, Daniel Lee <lee at isi-solutions.org> wrote:
> What if the add layer buttons were unified - one button that would then give
> you the option of adding a shapefile, database table, directory, GRASS map,
> etc.? That could consolidate and eliminate a lot of the confusion.

Indeed this is the long term goal - though it is going to take quite a
bit of work and nobody has yet volunteered to do it. Nathan has made
some nice mockups of how this would work based on discussions we had
at the Lyon hackfest.

This is his original post -
https://plus.google.com/109990125267312011029/posts/WYSNcRtsFsY -
there are more recent mockups but I can't locate them at the moment.

Regards

Tim

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services