[Qgis-developer] What will be in QGIS 2.0

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Wed Jul 11 07:21:40 PDT 2012

>- Threading branch and threaded data provider refactor (a long time
>ago in GSOC project far away Martin Dobias got much of the ground work
>in place but the delta between his branch and master is huge now)

As you mention, a large part of the work is the data provider
refactoring (implementing the iterator pattern for every provider).
On the other hand, it is a task that can be parallelized. If each
maintainer of a vector provider could implement that for his
provider(s), that would make the whole process much easier. I'm
available to change the WFS provider.
What do others think?

Regards,
Marco