[Qgis-developer] What will be in QGIS 2.0

John C. Tull jctull at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 11:51:51 PDT 2012

I think all the points brought up have been quite good. Obviously, there is much in the bug queue that needs to be considered for a 2.0 release. Also, a general +1 on Tim's suggestion for meritocracy with the inclusion of both active developers and funders.

Further support on a couple things that Nathan brought up:

On Jul 11, 2012, at 4:41 AM, Nathan Woodrow wrote:

> - Python support in labels and attribute table

+1, will allow more powerful automation of cartographic map outputs, i.e., selectable labels based on various criteria.

> -  So kind of query language (Martin and I have been talking about
> something in Python but it's only a dream at the moment)

+1, will open up possibilities like showing only a single attribute from a layer when looping layers, e.g., Atlas printing of only the active feature rather than all features from the coverage layer.

Cheers,
John