[Qgis-developer] What will be in QGIS 2.0

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 00:13:19 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Giovanni Manghi
<giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt> wrote:
>> That would be great. IMHO, the single most important thing in releasing 2.0, from an
>> user point of view, is to get rid of the duplications. All the rest comes second,
>
> about duplications please remember that right not it now possible to
> just "get rid" of both the old symbology and labelling. The new ones
> are missing features that are available in the old ones and that are
> quite important when styling a map.

Giovanni,

would you volunteer for creating a list of missing features in both
new symbology and labeling - compared to the old ones? We have a wiki
page for that, however it has been merely converted to a page with
feature requests... it would need cleaning to a bare minimum to
actually get the idea what is really missing - and how important the
missing features are.
http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/17/Switching_from_Old_to_New_Symbology_and_Labeling

I would suggest that at some point we have to switch to new symbology
even if there are missing features, otherwise we could postpone the
switch forever, waiting for re-implementation of some features.

Martin