[Qgis-developer] What will be in QGIS 2.0

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jul 12 00:44:00 PDT 2012

 I agree the old versions of symbology and labeling should be removed
 rather sooner than later. It would increase pressure on developers,
 financers and users to implement the really important bits that are
 missing.

 If we do this in the master version it won't hurt existing users.

 We have been discussing this for two years now and noone seems to be
 really acting about the missing bits other than complaining? Someone has
 to do the work or pay someone to do it. It won't happen by itself.

 Andreas

 On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 09:22:34 +0200, Denis Rouzaud wrote:
> As master version is a development version, there is still 1.8 which
> has full symbology and labelling.
> Removing old stuff in master would probably accelerate improvement of
> the new labelling and symbology.
>
> Otherwise, waiting for full completion of requirements would probably
> be much longer.
>
> I am no dev so my opinion is worth my 2 cents ;)
>
> On 07/12/2012 08:53 AM, Giovanni Manghi wrote:
>> The new ones
>> are missing features that are available in the old ones and that are
>> quite important when styling a map.

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A
 8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)