[Qgis-developer] Side by side install on Ubuntu.

Jeremy Palmer JPalmer at linz.govt.nz
Tue Jul 17 10:35:03 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I'm running QGIS 1.8 from installed package on Ubuntu 11.04, as well as trying to build and run dev master from a custom installed directory e.g /home/user/dev/qgis-install. Version 1.8 seems to run well and I can compile and install the master version. However running master (directly calling the qgis binary) causes me issues in a few cases:

1/ Fatal: ASSERT: "myResult == 0" in file /home/jpalmer/Dev/qgis/Quantum-GIS/src/app/qgsoptions.cpp, line 999. I read that this is due to other versions of the qgis core lib being present i.e 1.8 http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2012-February/018375.html

2/ Some python plugins do not load. e.g Couldn't load plugin cadtools due an error when calling its classFactory(). Or pgversion: NameError: name 'localePath' is not defined

3/ Plugin installer does not see any of my installed plugins and won't let me download and install new plugins.

Is there some sort of environment setup or qgis runtime config I have forgotten to do to make this stuff work?

Cheers,
Jeremy

This message contains information, which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message. LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ. Thank You.