[Qgis-developer] Announcing raster-pipes-2 branch for testing

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Fri Jul 20 12:49:52 PDT 2012

Hi

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 5:46 PM, Etienne Tourigny
<etourigny.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 6:10 AM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 12:26 AM, Etienne Tourigny
>> <etourigny.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Yes - I was also thinking about being able to define defaults for
>>> saving rasters (default format, default compression + options per
>>> format, tiles) which would be application-wide.
>>>
>>> And this reusable widget could be pre-populated with these options -
>>> and used in core as well as python plugins.  You would create an
>>> instance of this widget, given a raster layer, and then be able to
>>> save it.
>>> I would see this as an expandable component inside each of the
>>> gdaltools dialogs.
>>
>> Please keep in mind that other options have to be added to the dialog:
>>   * user defined null values - initially will be filled with layer
>> transparency values with 100% transparency
>>   * output CRS
>>
>> Should we use tabs?
>
> I think we could refine that when all parts are there, but it does
> make sense. I would like to eventually have a standalone widget for
> the options, so it could be reused (e.g. in the GDAL tab in the user
> prefs). In this case it would be grafted to the main save dialog.

IMHO using tabs would be a bad idea as it would limit where we can use
it - if we want to embed the widget in another widget we could have a
situation of tabs in tabs which is a HIG no-no. Also have a look at
Guiseppe's dialogs in the gdal tools they provide a simple table for
the Key value pairs. One thing that would be really nice is to have
some default profiles:

- options for maximum read performance regardless of disk space
- options for minumum file size regardless of performance
- options for 'middle of the road' between the above two

Regards

Tim

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net