[Qgis-developer] Announcing raster-pipes-2 branch for testing

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 13:07:46 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 4:49 PM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 5:46 PM, Etienne Tourigny
> <etourigny.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 6:10 AM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Please keep in mind that other options have to be added to the dialog:
>>>   * user defined null values - initially will be filled with layer
>>> transparency values with 100% transparency
>>>   * output CRS
>>>
>>> Should we use tabs?
>>
>> I think we could refine that when all parts are there, but it does
>> make sense. I would like to eventually have a standalone widget for
>> the options, so it could be reused (e.g. in the GDAL tab in the user
>> prefs). In this case it would be grafted to the main save dialog.
>>

> IMHO using tabs would be a bad idea as it would limit where we can use
> it - if we want to embed the widget in another widget we could have a
> situation of tabs in tabs which is a HIG no-no. Also have a look at
> Guiseppe's dialogs in the gdal tools they provide a simple table for
> the Key value pairs.

Of course you are right - let's go forward and see how it integrates
later on. I was referring to those dialogs about the key/value pairs
UI.

>One thing that would be really nice is to have
> some default profiles:
>
> - options for maximum read performance regardless of disk space
> - options for minumum file size regardless of performance
> - options for 'middle of the road' between the above two

would you have these options for all file types? it could get a little
complex, but worth the effort. For now I am implementing 1 default for
each driver, which can be defined by the user.

Etienne