[Qgis-developer] Embed Perl Scripting

Helmut Seidel M.A. info at knowhow-la.de
Mon Jul 23 09:18:56 PDT 2012

Hello everybody,

I've just started QGis-Python scripting which is quite straight forward.

But as I developed several GIS-database-applications (around 100.000
lines of code) in Perl which I would like to interact with QGis I wonder
if it is possible to embed a perl-interpreter into qgis like it is done
with the python interpreter. As I have never done anything alike before
I'm not sure about the amount of work I'd have to put into it. From what
I read so far it seems not too much work(?).

So I would appreciate any comments and tipps (or even warnings) before I
try to embark on a never ending story ...

regards Helmut