[Qgis-developer] can't see "offset curve" tool under Windows

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jul 24 01:37:57 PDT 2012

 Hi Giovanni,

 In the box you have to type the distance value and press enter, then it
 will set the value to the exact value you typed. But you have to make
 sure that the mouse is still pressed and not moved. I agree - it is a
 bit difficult to use. Do you have any better suggestions?

 The reason why the box is in the bottom left, is that on Linux there
 can't be a box following the mouse cursor (some XServer limitation). I
 believe that on Windows and OSX the input box follows the mouse - but I
 cannot test it since my Windows version still has the GOES 3.2.x

 Marco Hugentobler is the developer of the tool - maybe he can comment
 on the issues he faced while developing this tool. I am sure he is also
 open to suggestions for improvements.

 Andreas

 On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 08:18:17 +0100, Giovanni Manghi wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> thanks for the explanation.
>
> How about my doubt how to use the tool?
>
>>> I have also a doubt about how to use the tool:
>>>
>>> when I click on a line on the bottom left corner of the QGIS
>>> windows I
>>> see I can set manually the offset distance, but it doesn't seems to
>>> have
>>> any effect. I'm again missing something simple?
>
> cheers
>
> -- Giovanni --

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A