[Qgis-developer] Cast your vote: Default icon theme for QGIS 2.0

Robert Szczepanek robert at szczepanek.pl
Thu Jul 26 05:27:13 PDT 2012

Hi Matthias and Tim,

As I can see, switching off ML subscription during holidays is not a
good idea ;)

On 26.07.2012 14:10, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> But I just noticed this inconsistency between the "Map Navigation"
> toolbar and the print composer. The pan tool in the "Map Navigation"
> consists of four arrows into all directions. In the print composer it is
> one arrow with a square behind it.

You are right. We should select just one of them. One arrow seems for me
at this moment better choice. Expanation - below.

> Personally I'd prefer a hand-icon anyway, because I got used to look for
> a hand-icon when I want to pan something (I think this is what most
> GUI's use?). But the icons should at least be consistent. Or is there
> any reason for this?

Hand is the most popular, but I wanted to have some simple sign which
could be used also in "action" (bottom right) part of icons. In this
case hand is too complicated. That's the reason.

regards,
Robert