[Qgis-developer] Memory data provider persistence

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 06:07:32 PDT 2012

I don't know much about the memory layer handling - but here are some thoughts:

I think Jürgen's idea makes a lot of sense: keep in-memory spatialite
database, and save/restore when the project is saved/opened. And the
user can export the layer to a preferred format if he/she wishes.

Perhaps this could be added to qgis core, as a plugin or c++ ?

I also think having spatialite as a required dependency is not a problem.

Etienne