[Qgis-developer] Raster colours

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt
Thu Jul 26 12:25:31 PDT 2012

Hi Etienne,

> In this case, I think we should add several ramps that, although useful
> for both, are really necessary for raster (e.g. DTM). See 1-band plugin
> for a very nice set of ramps, and classification methods.
> From the user point of view, having the same colours available would be
> a serious advantage

I agree, most color ramps available for vectors would not be very useful
to theme raster maps. It is really needed a set of specific color ramps,
as in the already cited 1-band raster plugin, that includes also the
ramps available in GRASS and many (but maybe not all) the ramps
available here

http://soliton.vm.bytemark.co.uk/pub/cpt-city/

Adding this functionality would fix a long standing issue

http://hub.qgis.org/issues/782

a very painful issue indeed for who works with raster data and need to
produce thematic maps.

Thanks in advance

-- Giovanni --