[Qgis-developer] Raster colours

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 12:29:41 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Giovanni Manghi
<giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt> wrote:
> Hi Etienne,
>

>> In this case, I think we should add several ramps that, although useful
>> for both, are really necessary for raster (e.g. DTM). See 1-band plugin
>> for a very nice set of ramps, and classification methods.
>> From the user point of view, having the same colours available would be
>> a serious advantage

I tried the 1-band plugin and was impressed by its features, but not
by its stability or interface (sorry...)

I would start by adapting existing c++ methods for rasters, with room
for improvements by others.

Is there anything in the vector color ramps that should NOT be
available for raster color ramps?
Starting from that base would give at least a consistent UI and
framework ,adn at least colorbrewer that give some flexibility.

Anyone object if I rename the core and gui classes? This would break
some api stuff, but it won't be the first.

Etienne