[Qgis-developer] Memory data provider persistence

Chris Crook ccrook at linz.govt.nz
Thu Jul 26 13:58:55 PDT 2012

Hi Paolo

This is about saving the persisting the data in memory data provider layers, which by default is discarded when the project is closed (although the layer definition is in the project file, all the data is lost).  It is not related to fTools.  It is specific to the memory data provider.

However having a common storage area for project related data does sound a very good idea.  At the moment the solution for the memory layers is leaning towards an Sqlite storage, say in a file called project.qgis.mldb.  However this could be held in a common sqlite database, provided we respect a table naming convention.  That would certainly make sense for users wanting to move projects around.

Is that the sort of thing you are thinking of?

Cheers
Chris