[Qgis-developer] Changing the structure of the SEXTANTE repository

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Jul 30 11:22:31 PDT 2012

Il 30/07/2012 20:12, Victor Olaya ha scritto:
> Most likely we will move the code to the QGIS repo, we are just
> deciding a few things.
Great news.
> 2)I like the idea of releasing versions often. Do you think that I can
> keep on doing that even if SEXTANTE becomes a part of QGIS? I do not
> see new version of, for instance, fTools, being released independently
> from the QGIS code, but the time between QGIS version seems too long
> for me, specially considering the hight activity that SEXTANTE has
> (and hopefully will have in the future as well)
This is a general issue for all core Python plugins. I think we
generally agree we should make it automatic for users to upgrade their
plugins, core and non core alike, as soon as a new version is available,
but there are a number of point to be addressed to make the process
smooth and safe. See the thread on "upgrading core plugins".
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu