[Qgis-developer] awful shapfile performance in v1.8

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 00:35:16 PDT 2012

Hi Ted!

QGIS 1.8.0 is still not officially released, but thanks for taking the
time and testing it ..
It would help a lot if you could provide the "slow" shape file to
developers and testers to confirm the issue you have and probably
solve them BEFORE the official 1.8 release ..

Regarding the Postgresql Provider .. Well I think there will also be
some changes in 1.8.0 so just be patient ..
And remember .. solving problems without knowing the problem (at my
computer everything is fast - even with a 3000 polygon shapefile) is
hard ..

kind regards
Werner