[Qgis-developer] Questions about symbology: ellipse marker, symbol layer properties, default increment

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Wed Jun 20 07:35:58 PDT 2012

Hi Leyan

 >Why is the ellipse marker separated from the simple marker ?

It was the original plan to merge the two approaches, but was never
finished.

Btw., there is an ongoing Google summer of code project about improving
the symbology system, mentored by Alexander Bruy and Martin Dobias
(http://www.arunmozhi.in/devlog/june-2012/). Maybe it is of interest for
you.

Regards,
Marco