[Qgis-developer] GGL2 - QGIS integration

Vincent Picavet vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Wed Jun 20 07:44:34 PDT 2012

Hi,

Le mercredi 20 juin 2012 16:08:19, Etienne Tourigny a écrit :
> In case of linux systems, I would think that most (if not all)
> installations include java, so it's not that much of a requirement.
> It might be more complicated in the case of windows and mac.

That's really not the case as far as the linux systems I use are concerned...
A java dependency for QGIS would really be a pain.

> It would be interesting to have a separate qgis-framework package (or
> similar name) that includes sextante and its dependencies and modules
> like GGL.
> That way you can install qgis without these requirements.

In any case, you will not want to have a dependency between sextante and all
of its modules.
They are numerous, and growing. It should be the responsibility of the user to
install the modules by itself to enable the sextante support with this module.
Otherwise the next QGIS installer will be 1.5Gb and a nightmare to package.

Vincent