[Qgis-developer] Removing old labelling

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 07:30:51 EST 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 10:16 PM, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:

> I'd say the new labeling should also be integrated into the vector layer
> properties (not sure if there is something implementationwise that is an
> obstacle to that).   In that case we also could have a switch mechanism
> like
> between old and new labeling.

I'd support this idea. This would help remove the confusion, or at least
hide it, until we can remove it in 2.0.  We could do what we did with the
symbologly and set it to you use new labelling by default.
I don't mind having the toolbar button but we could change it to
just launch the properties -> Labels tab.

- Nathan