[Qgis-developer] Removing old labelling

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Mar 6 08:00:20 EST 2012

 Hi,

 Please be more concrete - there are almost 100 different settings and
 combinations. What is the problem very precise/concrete.

 What settings did you use, what geometry type - maybe accompanied with
 screenshots of your settings.

 In my experience the new labeling works very well and fast. Only area
 geometries are slow to label. Martin Dobias is currently working on
 improving/accelerating the labeling of area geometries.

 Andreas

 On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 13:13:11 +0100, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 05/03/2012 17:06, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We discussed this issue backwards and forwards and it would be good
>> to make some progress here. There is really not a lot missing in the
>> new labeling and I don't agree with Paolo that the new labeling is
>> slower than the old labeling. It may have different settings and thus
>> people are comparing apples with oranges.
> Please test it with an old PC, ora netbooK: in our case it is almost
> unusable with <300 polygons.
> Also, some of the bugs are pretty serious.
> All the best.

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A
 8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)