[Qgis-developer] Removing old labelling / polygons (in 1.9)

Mayeul Kauffmann mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr
Thu Mar 8 17:22:22 EST 2012

I also experienced problems with new labelling for polygons.
Even when you set new labelling to try only one position, and stay on
centroid, labels still move when you pan. They kind of stay on the
centroid of the *visible* part of the area.
It is annoying when generating tiles with qgis server: you can get
duplicated or cut labels.
Users have difficulty with this and sometimes the only option is the old
labelling.

(Cannot find back that wonderful post of a frequent qgis blogger who
faced the issue and went back to UMN Mapserver. SUre s/he is reading
this)
Other example:
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/QGIS-Server-street-names-in-tiles-td4540846.html

Blind guess: Maybe the fact that it recalculates centroid of partial
polygons at each refresh can cast some light on the performance issue?

Mayeul