[Qgis-developer] Removing old labelling

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Mar 7 02:18:51 EST 2012

Il 06/03/2012 14:23, Marco Hugentobler ha scritto:
> Hi all
>
> It would be good to have the choice between new and old engine,
> similar as in the symbology tab, with the new one set as default (as
> many people on the list suggest).
+1
AFAICT, speed depends a lot on the complexity of shapes (for polygons).
Please note however that the behaviour for lines, curved labels, is not
optimal (see the relevant ticket).

BTW, the same situation, possibly worse, is for diagrams: we now have
two tabs, side by side, doing largely different things.
It would be very good to clean this up.
All the best, and thanks.

--
Paolo Cavallini