[Qgis-developer] GSOC pitch

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 15:38:28 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com> wrote:
> We must also must not get stuck in the prototype-that-becomes-full-app mode
> where the prototyping turns into a product in itself because porting becomes
> to much of a task.
>
> Is there anything currently the Processing Framework that is stopping the
> porting of it to C++?

Well, the framework is still missing some important bits, e.g.
progress reporting, support to cancel processing, logging, async
execution... I would have also some suggestions for simplification of
core API and for decoupling of core/gui code. It would be good to sort
it out before the actual port to C++.

Martin