[Qgis-developer] News about Debian

Francesco P. Lovergine frankie at debian.org
Tue Mar 20 10:09:20 EDT 2012

Hi folks

Just a few moments ago, I started the Qgis 1.7 cycle on Debian main for
wheezy. Thanks your moving to git, we are currently maintaining a full
clone of your git repository here:

git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-grass/qgis.git

where a debian branch now lives. Currently it is follwing the 1.7 branch
and ATM 1.7.5 is the target version for wheezy (7.0). I changed a few
things in the debian/ tree to respect current policy and main changes
will go in *.debiangis templates.

That should allow you staying on sync with our tree (and next ubuntu
versions as a natural follow-up). At the same time, I'll merge from time
to time your changes. Now it's time to wait for the usual NEW queue
delay and see the usual set of failed-to-build reports on some of
our exotic archs ;-)

Cheers,

        Yours Friendly Neighborhood Debian Maintainer

--
Francesco P. Lovergine