[Qgis-developer] gsoc 2012

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 11:05:40 EDT 2012

Just a quick comment that might be interesting related to that topic.

I am about to release the first version of the SEXTANTE platform for
QGIS. It contains a toolbox, a graphical modeler, script creator
(creation of new algorithms from scripts), a batch processing
interface, history, and much more. It currently supports SAGA, GRASS
and R algorithm (R scripts), and I have also added some built-in QGIS
processes (the ftools ones and the mmqgis ones). Creation of new
algorithms and new providers it is rather easy.

If you are familiar with the SEXTANTE processing framework, it is
basically the same thing, with some added new things and improvements.

I wanted to wait a bit more until it is more or less stable, but since
I see some action in the QGIS processing area, I think it is worth
mentioning it now, so you can consider it.

Anyway, for those interested, source code of the QGIS SEXTANTE plugin
is available in the SEXTANTE SVN at googlecode, and as I said, a first
version will probably be released soon. A help manual is also almost
finished, with around 40 pages describing the framework

Regards