[Qgis-developer] QGIS news during FOSSGIS

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Fri Mar 23 05:13:03 EDT 2012

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 21. März 2012, 20.18:39 schrieb Tim Sutton:

> Does anyone have thoughts on a nice name and logo for the 1.8 release?
> Candidates might be Lisbon, Zurich, Lyon or something different?

It was a little bit unfair to start the popular name discussion in the middle
of the FOSSGIS conference, which many german speaking QGIS people were
attending... ;-)
So there was no chance to bring a nice Swiss picture into the release. Can we
therefore make a reservation for the famous 2.0 release ?

Regards
Pirmin

PS: QGIS had a very good presence at the FOSSGIS with presentations and
workshops and there was also a user meeting together with the GRASS community.
PS #2: It was hard to follow all the exciting news happening this week: WFS
server in master, a processing framework plugin from the SEXTANTE author and a
release pre-announcement!

--
Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions