[Qgis-developer] Re: QGIS news during FOSSGIS

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Mon Mar 26 06:05:38 EDT 2012

Hi

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Pirmin Kalberer <pi_ml at sourcepole.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 21. März 2012, 20.18:39 schrieb Tim Sutton:
>>
>> Does anyone have thoughts on a nice name and logo for the 1.8 release?
>> Candidates might be Lisbon, Zurich, Lyon or something different?
>
> It was a little bit unfair to start the popular name discussion in the middle
> of the FOSSGIS conference, which many german speaking QGIS people were
> attending... ;-)

Oh! Sorry :-(

> So there was no chance to bring a nice Swiss picture into the release. Can we
> therefore make a reservation for the famous 2.0 release ?

Luck Zurich! Yes that sounds reasonable....start digging out those old
maps for our splash!

> Regards
> Pirmin
>
> PS: QGIS had a very good presence at the FOSSGIS with presentations and
> workshops and there was also a user meeting together with the GRASS community.

Yes some of us were watching the various blog postings etc with interest.

> PS #2: It was hard to follow all the exciting news happening this week: WFS
> server in master, a processing framework plugin from the SEXTANTE author and a
> release pre-announcement!

I liked your QGIS week blog post!

Regards

Tim

> --
> Pirmin Kalberer
> Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions
> http://www.sourcepole.com

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux