[Qgis-developer] RE: ECW!!!

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Mar 23 09:15:26 EDT 2012

Selon Fred ETHEVE <fred.etheve at wanadoo.fr>:

> Thank you, all,
> ECW/win was OK with trunk (1.9.90) until 2 days before new nightly...
> perhaps, since, gdal used has been 1.9???!!!

Yes, you should perhaps open a ticket (if not already done by someone else) in
OSGeo4W trac instance to ask for the gdal-ecw plugin to be regenerated against
GDAL 1.9

> It's time to have an opensource wavelets compression!!!
> 1) Somebody knows Epsilon CW? Is -it possible with GDAL1.9 linux and win?

Yes, but the Epsilon lib won't read ECWs and you have probably to build GDAL
yourself against it because few packages will build it.

> 2) How to grab one of the builds available at
> http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk/, have you a method?

Yes, just click on the links ;-) More seriously, what stops you ? You can for
example try
http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk/PackageList.aspx?file=release-1500-gdal-1-9-mapserver-6-0.zip
and download both release-1500-gdal-1-9-mapserver-6-0.zip and
gdal-19-1500-ecw.msi . Note that the builds from that site won't probably
integrate well with qgis, but you can at least do offline conversions with them.